The Federation is an organisation for anyone enthusiastic about encouraging a lifelong love of reading in children. Three different types of membership are available:
- Membership of a local Children’s Book Group
- Individual Membership
- Professional Membership
Membership of a local Children’s Book Group (CBG) is right for you if you live in an area where there is a CBG (click here to find out where your nearest group is) and wish to participate in the events and activities organised by your local group.
If you have no local Book Group then you can join the national organisation as an Individual Member.
Professional membership is for organisations within the world of children’s books such as libraries, schools, bookshops, publishers, agencies, etc. The mailings will be sent to a named contact but all members of that particular organisation will receive the benefits of being members of the Federation.
All members receive:-
- 2 issues of the Federation Newsletter each year
- The annual Children’s Book Award “Pick of the Year” Top Fifty booklist
- Copies of all booklists produced by the Federation
- Information about National Share-a-Story Month and National Non-Fiction November
- Information about all conferences, events and activities
- Exclusive gifts and offers
Members of the Federation also benefit from a reduced delegate rate at the annual conference.
Membership fees for local groups are set locally and varies from group to group. Please contact the group you are interested in joining to find out their membership fees (local membership fees are typically lower than Individual Membership).
Individual Membership normally runs for the calendar year. Contact the National Secretary for a pack and membership form.
For details of annual Professional membership fees please contact the National Secretary.
Federation of Children’s Book Groups,
Wakananai Firs Road,
Wales NP7 6NA
Telephone : 07591 380434