The competitions have all closed now.
Mythical beasts are a large part of our legendary and mythical stories. We want to challenge students to create their own mythical beast- one we may meet in a future story! Have fun and be imaginative and creative!
- There are 3 age categories- please state your age clearly on your illustration
- The illustration must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The image must be clear
- Entries must be submitted by 12 noon on the 1st June 2021
- Entries will be shortlisted by FCBG judges and final winners will be chosen by our guest judge.
- Winners will be contacted and prizes sent by end of June 2021.
Short Story Competition
We are thrilled that Kevin Crossley- Holland, Robin Stevens and Michelle Harrison have given us such amazing story starters for our threads of Myths, Magic and Mayhem. Students are invited to choose one strand and finish the story. We look forward to reading the entries! Click on the link below to find all the story starters and start writing!
- Entries are welcome from students aged 7-12.
- Entries must be no longer than 750 words.
- Entries must be submitted electronically in an easily readable format.
- Entries must make use of one story starter.
- All entries must be submitted by 12 noon on 15th June to email@example.com
- Entries will be judged and winners chosen by FCBG judging panels.
- Judges’ decisions will be final.
Library Display Competition
We always see so many vibrant and wonderful library displays for our yearly themes. We cannot wait to see what librarians come up with for Myths, Magic and Mayhem! Send us your photos for your chance to win a book bundle for your library.
- The theme of Myths, Magic and Mayhem must be displayed as part of the display.
- Photos of the display must be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org by midday on 5th June 2021
- FCBG Judges will view all entries and decide on a winner by the end of June.
- Winners will be announced via social media and email.
- Prizes will be awarded for best displays!