National Share-A-Story Month (NSSM) is an annual celebration of the power of storytelling and story sharing, providing a fantastic opportunity to fulfil the core aim of the FCBG of bringing children and stories together. Across the country Federation book groups and individuals run a whole host of events. Each year we are inspired by a specific theme and work with different organisations to provide people with resources and opportunities.
National Share a Story Month 2020
The Planet we Share
The theme for this May was the Planet We Share – this included stories about the peoples, the animals and also the state of our planet, giving a fairly wide set of stories to be shared and celebrated this year. Resources are still available to groups very shortly and can be downloaded from the NSSM 2020 Page on the Website.
We are grateful to the many publishers for their generous support in 2020 and would love to know what you did in groups and schools to celebrate during May.
This competition is now closed
Win an amazing author event for your school!
Call for Entries
Win a fantastic visit for your school from author Amber Lee Dodd, author of the amazing The Thirteenth Home of Noah Bradley, published by Scholastic.
Amber will visit one school in the new academic year (Sept 2020 – June 2021) at a date and time which is mutually convenient to both the school and to Amber. She will travel by train to the school so transfer to and from your local rail station must be provided by the winning school. Full competition terms and conditions are available here.
- Entries are welcome from pupils aged 9 to 12 years
- Entries may be prose or poetry, of no more than a maximum length of 500 words
- Entries must be submitted via electronic means – email, in an easily readable format e.g. Word, PDF, electronic scan or picture, Pages, ODT etc.
- Entries must reflect the theme of home in some form – e.g. the writer’s home or an imaginary home of a different person or creature.
- Entries must be submitted by the closing date of 12 noon on 30th June 2020 to email@example.com
- Entries will be chosen by judges from FCBG and the final winner will be chosen from a shortlist by Amber Lee Dodd. The Judge’s decision is final.
Good Luck to all entrants!